Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Luchador Zero

Greetings amigos. After much thought and consideration I've changed the name of my character from "Wrestler Zero" to Luchador Zero which is Wrestler Zero in Spanish. As regular visitors to this blog know, I love Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestling) and the masked Mexican wrestlers (Luchadores). The MexiLuchaHero ( a term coined by Keith Rainville) as seen in the comics and movies starring El Santo, Blue Demon and Mil Mascaras is the biggest influence on my work.  Every artist has his/her own preoccupations with a specific genre. Mine is the MexiLuchaHero. I wanted to be more culturally accurate and true to the Latino roots of the genre and characters I write and draw. It's still the same character and concept now as it was before. I didn't restart with a new number one. Geek culture has been global for some time now so I hope you'll stick around for more Luchador Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment