Sunday, March 6, 2011

Keep it moving.

Hello everyone. The above is from WRESTLER ZERO #2. Initially I wanted to produce a short story, maybe eight pages in length. That is still a goal but this story ended up becoming my second full length issue. I'm an avid reader but I learn best by doing. And nothing teaches you the craft of comic book creation better than actually producing you own publication. I also think it's vital for amateurs like me to continue to produce consistently and publish work, even if it's a pin up or sketches. Or in the case above, a panel or page from a work in progress. I knew when I published WRESTLER ZERO #1 last year that while it was the best I was capable of at the time, it had flaws that were painfully apparent to me. As much as I'd like to go back and fix those flaws I've got to move forward not backward. I'm grateful that WRESTLER ZERO #1 was well received and for the kind words. But the need for improvement of my craft compels me to produce new material instead of repairing the older work. The exception to this would be if I were to reprint the first issue in a more upscale format in the hopes of reaching a much wider readership. But first things first. And now back to my regulary scheduled program of learning how to write, draw and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment