Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grisly Discovery.


Hello everyone. This is a panel from the currently in progress Wrestler Zero story. It didn't occur to me as I was inking this panel that I'm an admirer of the "Filipino school" of art. I grew up reading many of the Marvel black and white magazines where the work of Alfredo Alcala, Rudy Nebres and Tony DeZuniga was featured. I'M NOT TRYING TO COMPARE MYSELF IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO THESE ARTISTS. In looking at the posted panel here all of the cross hatching and shading was definitely influenced in some way by these terrific artists. Do yourself a favor the next time you're in a well stocked comic book shop and expose yourself to these great artists from the Phillipines. This panel was inked with a Hunt 102 pen, Micron .005 and .01 pens and Pitt brush pens. My ink is Dr. Martin's Bombay black. Take care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment